The National Center for Electron Beam Research (NCEBR) is the leading academic and research organization in the world that is focused on the research, development, and commercialization of Electron Beam (eBeam) technologies. Our goal is to exploit this technology for improving the quality of life of peoples and economies around the world.
The National Center for Electron Beam Research is focused on “Harnessing eBeam technology for Cleaning, Healing, Feeding and Shaping this World and Beyond”.
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has designated the NCEBR as the IAEA Collaborating Centre for Electron Beam Technology for Food, Health, and Environmental Applications.
We advocate the promotion of eBeam and other non-isotope based technologies around the world. The Center is committed to building strong partnerships with the government and private industry in our efforts to move the technology from the research laboratory to the market-place. We partner with academia, government, and private industry worldwide to enable application of eBeam and X-ray technologies. The Center accomplishes it activities by:
- Bringing together academic, industry and government researchers and students to facilitate eBeam and X-ray-related research projects
- Building and strengthening research teams across defined scientific focus areas to develop targeted research programs in eBeam and X-ray technologies
- Partnering with top research universities, research organizations and private industry within the United States and internationally in fostering these technologies
- Developing strong graduate and undergraduate research, teaching and outreach programs in eBeam and X-ray technologies to develop a pool of technically trained individuals to serve US strategic needs for the future
- Teaming with overseas academic and research organizations to expand the scope of applications of these technologies especially with regards to the bio-security of global food supplies