Mark your calendars!!
To address the needs of the food, phytosanitary, agribusiness, cosmetic, and pharmaceutical industries, the National Center for Electron Beam Research will be organizing a new BYOP (Bring Your Own Product) format Hands-on Workshop in eBeam Technologies April 16-20th, 2018. Session 1 (April 16th, 1 PM - April 18th 12 noon) will focus on the use of eBeam technology in the medical device and pharmaceutical industries while Session 2 (April 18th, 1 PM - April 20th, noon) will focus on the use of the eBeam technology for food, pet food and phytosanitary applications. Attendees are strongly encouraged to bring their products (medical device/pet food/food/fresh produce) so that they could be included in the hands-on exercises. The focus of the hands-on exercises will be to provide one of a kind in depth hands on experience in performing eBeam dosing experiments, dose-mapping experiments and if need be, eBeam dose tolerance exposures. You may attend either Session 1 or Session 2 or both. The cost of attending either Session 1 or Session 2 is $850. The fee to attend both sessions will be $1600. The registration fee covers all workshop materials, lunches, coffee breaks and a workshop dinner. Hotel costs will be the responsibility of the attendees. A list of hotels with workshop rates will be listed soon.
The registration site will open soon
Who Should Attend:
- Professionals in the fresh produce, processed food, pet-food, ingredients, spices, phytosanitary, medical device, cosmetic, pharma, aerospace, and defense industries who have to deal with microbial contamination, microbial pathogens & microbial spoilage
- Fresh produce exporters & importers who are interested in a chemical free, phytosanitary treatment technology
- Electron beam technology developers to understand the growing commercial interest in eBeam technology
- Investment bankers and entrepreneurs interested in commercializing electron beam technology in the food, pet food, cosmetic, environmental remediation, plastics , polymers, and biomedical industries
- Federal and state regulators who need to understand electron beam irradiation technology
- Offer unique opportunity to learn about eBeam technology at a commercial scale facility
- Facilitate deep understanding of electron beam technology and how to exploit this technology for commercial applications
- Provide attendees with information about the core eBeam technology equipment needed for commercial applications
- Provide hands-on training in dosimetry, dose-mapping, and single and double beam configurations
- Facilitate unparalleled interaction with leading eBeam technology equipment providers and sub-system suppliers
- Provide attendees with actionable information to adopt eBeam technology in different target industries
- Provide eBeam technology providers critical information to meet the commercial requirements for this technology